Head of Business Transformation - Operations
Head of Business Transformation - Operations
Chester or Glasgow
Elegant Resorts has been a leader within the luxury travel market for more than 30 years. At Elegant Resorts we are passionate about creating the best luxury holidays in the travel industry for our clients and this is only possible by having the best people working for us.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We all share the same spirit of adventure to discover the world, delivering excellence in all areas of the business while having fun at the same time! We enjoy celebrating success through many social events and are committed to investing in our staff through learning and development programmes. Health and wellbeing in the workplace is important to us, too, along with listening to our staff via channels such as surveys and workshops to help us improve our business.”
Due to our continued growth, we have a unique opportunity for a Head of Business Transformation to take a senior role within our Operations team.
This key role will lead the strategy and integration of the back office and booking systems for Elegant Resorts and If Only, drive best practice and increase productivity through efficiencies of both operations.
Responsible for the operations teams and the performance of all processes, the Head of Business Transformations will create ongoing improvements and excellence and operational capabilities driven by speed, flexibility and cross business best practice and adaptability
As part of this role you will;
- Lead the overall integration of operating systems for If Only and Elegant Resorts.
- Drive best practice and implement SLA’s across the two businesses
- Provide strategic leadership of the Operational processes and manage company adherence to standard processes.
- Formulate and drive the Operational strategy for systems and business processes, working together with the senior management team to deliver the overall business strategy
- Provide leadership for key strategic Operational initiatives and challenges in the business
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the team ensuring that individuals are challenged to successfully deliver their objectives
- Form robust relationships with managers and colleagues and gain their respect and confidence, in order to influence decision making.
- Drive control of operating budgets to ensure that all financial targets are met
- Provide continuous improvement of financial performance for allocated budgets
- Lead cost saving and efficiency projects to ensure overhead control
- Manage external relationships, contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure they are operating effectively, efficiently and providing best value
- Review and implement new technological tools and processes
- Bring about innovation into business processes with the aim of positively impacting the bottom-line results
- Facilitate cross-functional projects to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity, harmonization and cost reduction.
- Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful completion of a project.
- Establish and then monitor agreed performance targets, both quantitative and qualitative with a view of making identified improvements
- Create and Manage statistical reports as well as process improvements that can meet and exceed customer experience and revenue targets as well as identify ways to increase performance, efficiency, and effectiveness without sacrificing quality or customer experience.
- Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key, process-focused objectives.
- Keep up to date with change (in our sector and within suppliers and competitors) and ensure that we consider, anticipate and respond to strategic developments and competitor activity
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and plan resource to effectively achieve goals and objectives
- Builds cross functional relationships to sponsor and drive change initiatives
- Ensure operational alignment and identify initiatives to improve customer experiences
- Provide executive management with clear and substantiated advice on the Operational implications of business activities
- Effectively communicate information required by all levels of the business with the objective of assisting the organisation in achieving its strategies
In return, we offer a attractive package and the opportunity to join the business during a significant period of growth.
So, if you are a high performer who is looking for their next challenge, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have extensive experience working in a Senior Operational/Contact Centre Role with demonstrable technical and operational knowledge.
- Have extensive experience working in a senior operational capacity with a Tour Operator or Travel related operation
- Have previous knowledge and experience working in the Travel Industry- Corporate or Leisure
- Have strong stakeholder liaison/management experience
- Have proven experience in system integration and implementation
- Have proven leadership and motivation skills
- Have prior experience delivering strong results on projects and possesses the desire to continuously improve in an effort to drive the business forward.
- Be a strong influencer able to engage fully at all levels and create a culture in line with Company values
- Have Personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, have the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation and with employees on multiple locations
- Be able to think strategically, prioritise and plan effectively whilst balancing competing demands
- Have high levels of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Demonstrate maturity, confidence and credibility to challenge and influence individual thinking and operate as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Be a high calibre individual with excellent communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Have the ability to get up to speed quickly on new issues and to make sound judgements on them.
- Have a can-do, problem-solving attitude.
- Have excellent financial and business analytical skills
- Have excellent IT, literacy and communication skills
- Have a proven track record in delivering profitable business growth
- Strong academic background to degree level or equivalent