Head of Agency Sales
Head of Agency Sales
Elegant Resorts has been a leader within the luxury travel market for over 30 years. With events including our acquisition by The Portman Group and subsequent major investments including Elegant Resorts Middle East, we are proving once more that we are leading the way for others to follow.
As a Head of Agency Sales, you will lead, coach and monitor our Agency Sales team in order to drive revenue and maximise return from travel agents, build the annual trade sales strategy and nurture and grow preferred agent partners and source new agents, build and lead the profile with the trade media and UK travel industry, and present to the SLT on a monthly basis.
Duties of the role includes;
- Ensure all agreed key targets/priorities are met / exceeded.
- Build relationship with other SMT members and collaborate great partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate of the ER core values
- Develop the team with a clear development plan
- Deliver We thrive (internal staff survey) action plans
- Management of Agency Sales targets and planning and implementation throughout the business and develop sales activities to ensure direction and focus is aligned with company objectives.
- Understand and report on the financial intermediated market
- Ensure the reservation managers are aligned with Agency Sales strategy
- Liaise with Product, Marketing and Commercial Departments to ensure our sales focus and strategy is aligned to meet and deliver company objectives
- Regularly evaluate market statistics with current service offerings, adjusting sales and marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions as required
- Monitor competitor pricing, services, sales and marketing activities
- Review and analyse sales performance against KPIs to determine effectiveness
- Monitor and report on Agency Sales performance for revenue and conversion
- Liaise with colleagues, attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required
- Keep abreast of advancements in technology
- Continue to develop the MI and improve reporting
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities
- Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Liaise and work with key stakeholders to define and document questions, liaise with business via email, IM or phone to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders; reviews progress; anticipate and reacts to change.
- Communicate effectively with Head of Sales & Sales Managers and SLT in relation to the Agency sales strategy
- Communicate to key stakeholders the strategy for each individual project undertaken
- Communicate effectively at a senior level, providing confident presentation of performance, strategic direction, new ideas and issue resolution
To be successful our ideal applicant will have the following skills and attributes;
- Numerate and analytical with thorough understanding of using relevant management information and IT applications
- Proven leadership and motivation skills
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills, with ability to influence upwards and with peers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills. Able to negotiate at senior level with business partners.
- Thrives in a flexible and constantly moving environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative thinker, able to adapt and utilise creative approaches to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Good, fast decision maker
- Self motivated
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrates integrity
- Experienced using MS products – Word, Excel, Office, PowerPoint and Outlook and Mi reporting tools
- Proven record (with minimum 5 years) in a sales environment
- Budget management
- Proven track record on individual and team targets
- Educated to a degree level